Call for Papers
The Centre for Information Technology and Development (CITAD) in partnership the Modibbo Adamawa University of Technology, Yola is, as part of the first North East Books and Education Conference and Exhibition (NEBECE), organizing a three-day Conference on Revamping Education in the North East. The objective of the conference is to interrogate educational development in the region with a view to coming out with recommendations on how myriad of problem bedeviling the sector in the region can be addressed.
The conference envisages two key outcomes, a policy brief and an edited book out of a selection of some of the presentations. This is an invitation to for interested academics to submit papers for presentation at the conference
Conference Dates: 20-22, November, 2019
Conference Host: Modibbo Adama University of Technology, Yola, Adamawa State
Conference Theme: Education in the Northeast in the Context of Reconstruction, Rebuilding and Resettlement in the Region
The sub-themes of the conference:
- The State of Education Infrastructure in the North East
- Tertiary Education and Pipelining in the North East
- Tackling the Problems of Basic Education in the North East
- Girl Child Education in the Context of Post Insurgency
- The Place and Role of Vocational and Entrepreneurship Education in Rebuilding of the North East
- Teacher Production Capacity in the North East
- Gender, Education and Cultural Issues in the North East
- Understanding and Overcoming Poor Performance of North East States in National Examinations in the North East
- Impact of Insurgency on Education in the North East
- The Digital Divide and the Education Sector in the North East
- The Place of Religion in Education in the North East
- Religious Education and Religious Education institutions in the North East
Interested scholars and policy administrators interested in making presentation should submit an abstract of not more than 300 words, indicating the specific sub-theme under which they will make their contributions. Such abstracts should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 21st, October, 2019. Authors of accepted abstracts would be informed by October 30, 2019.
For more information contact the Chairman, Conference Committee, Prof Amina Kaidal either phone (08064867312) or by email (email@example.com). You can also visit the conference site (www.nebece.ng).