North East Books and Education Conference and Exhibition
New dates for the NEBECE Conference
The Organizing Committee of the above conference, the Centre for Information Technology and Development (CITAD), and Modibbo Adama University of Technology, (MAUTECH), Yola, regret to inform you that as a result of the conference time clashed with the semester examination of the undergraduate students of the Modibbo Adama University, there are no suitable halls to accommodation the participants of the conference, in addition, the Adamawa State Government which is to play host has only just constituted its executive Council and the new Commissioner of Education is yet to be fully brief about the conference. Consequently, we have no option than to once again postpone the conference to 12th - 13th February, 2020
While we regret this postponement, we want to assure you we did this to enrich the conference with the resource that will make all participants happy and proud of being part of the conference.
We sincerely regret the inconvenience this postponement might cause. Accept our profound apology once again.
We thank you for your interest at the conference and for your understanding.
We look forward to meeting you at the event and a successful conference.
Conference Planning Committee
The Centre for Information Technology and Development (CITAD) in partnership with the Modibbo Adamawa University of Technology, Yola is organizing the first North East Books and Education Conference and Exhibition (NEBECE).
- Provide a platform for stakeholders to deliberate and strategize on revamping education in the region
- Raise awareness on reviving reading culture which is critical to education progress
- To provide an opportunity for states governments in the region to explain to donor organizations the specific problems they have in addressing education issues
- Promote book trade and publishing in the region as part of the effort to revive education
- Harvest ideas on addressing the myriad of problems of education in the north east
Forms and Format
The North East Books and Education Conference and Exhibition (NEBECE) will hold for three days and will consist of the following complimentary events and activities:
- Conference on Education
- Development Partners and Donor Organizations Round Table
- Coordination and Complementarity Among Federal Government Agencies Round Table
- Book and Other Educational Products Exhibition
- Literary Events
- Student Creativity Competition
Event Dates: 12th - 13th February, 2020
Event Host: Modibbo Adama University of Technology, Yola, Adamawa State
Conference Theme: Education in the Northeast in the Context of Reconstruction, Rebuilding and Resettlement in the Region
Mal Adamu Adamu, Ministry of Education
It is proposed that lead presentations would come from the following:
- Garba D. Azare, Teacher Production Capacity in the North East
- Isah Pantami, The Digital Divide in the Northeast and its Implications to the Education Progress on the Region
- H. Bobboi, UBEC Contribution to Revamping Education in the North East
- Prof Hauwa Biu, The PCNI Education Intervention in the Region
- Sadiqque Abubakar, The Poor Performance of the Northeast in National Examinations: Evidence from NECO
- Prof Abubakar A. Rasheed, The State of Tertiary Education in the North West
- A. B. Baffa, An Overview of Tetfund Intervention in the North East
- M. Kazaure, The Challenge of Technical and Vocational Education in the North East
- Northeast Development Commission (NEDC)
- All ministries of Education of the states of the North east
- Donor organizations and international development partners
- SUBEB from all the six states of the North East
- Universities in the North East region
- State and national legislators
- Books Publishers across the country
- Major bookshops and booksellers
- ICT and learning equipment providers
- Civil society organizations
- Community Organizations
- Professional Associations
- Media organizations
Members of the public, especially education policy makers, scholars and policy administrators, publishers, books distributors and others are cordially invited to participate. For more information contact the Organizing Chairman, Committee either by phone (08064867312) or by email (firstname.lastname@example.org). You can also visit the conference site (www.nebece.ng).
Conference Dates: 12th - 13th February, 2020.
Conference Host: Modibbo Adama University of Technology, Yola, Adamawa State.
Conference Theme: Education in the Northeast in the Context of Reconstruction, Rebuilding and Resettlement in the Region.
Exhibition Stand Fee: Twenty Thousand Naira (N20, 000.00) per stand
All interested publishers, ICT companies, books distributors, booksellers, bookshops, libraries, books collectors, etc are invited to register at online at www.nebece.ng/registration. For more information, contact the Secretary, Exhibition Committee, either phone (08064867312) or by email (email@example.com).
NYSC Members and Students Registration is free
For registration, participants should use the account details below:
Bank: Diamond Bank
Account Name: Centre for Information Technology and Development (CITAD)
Account Number: 0022534953